IBM Center Research Announcement 2021
The IBM Center for The Business of Government connects research to practice, supporting work by scholars that benefits government through analysis of real-world experience that leads to practical, actionable recommendations. Center reports are intended to spark the imagination—crafting new ways to think about government by identifying trends, new ideas, and best practices in public management and innovation. Center reports help government executives respond more effectively to mission and management priorities. Center awards have gone to more than 400 leading researchers in public management, who have produced reports on improving the effectiveness of government. Our work assists public sector executives, managers, staff, and stakeholders in addressing real-world problems and improving government performance and effectiveness.
With this research announcement, the Center is pleased to solicit proposals that result in reports marked by practical, actionable recommendations for government leaders and public managers in the following eight research areas:
- Restoring Trust in Government: Defining Strategies and Tools to Actively Engage the Public
- Addressing Equity: Assessing Inclusion and Diversity in Government Services, Operations, and Management
- Developing Actionable Insights: Using Data and Evidence to Inform Decision Making and Achieve Results
- Attaining Effective Outcomes: Supporting Program Performance and Performance Management Strategies
- Driving Agility: Enhancing Mission Support and Delivery
- Accelerating Digital: Modernizing IT by Leveraging Innovation and Emerging Technologies
- Fostering Resilient Institutions: Managing Risk and Building Resiliency
- Reimagining the Government Workplace: Addressing the Importance of a Mission-Focused Workforce for the Future
We look forward to receiving proposals that address these topics and continuing to work with the world’s leading public management researchers. Our next deadlines are June 30 and December 1. Please visit periodically to confirm latest deadlines.